Building muscle is a challenge, and if you’re new to weight and strength training, it may seem near impossible. But I’m here to tell you it’s not. No matter where you are in your transformation, someone else has been in your position, and through proper guidance, “the impossible” became POSSIBLE. Here are 6 top-rated resources that can help you achieve the lean figure you desire.
For People Who Like Workout Videos
- Triple toning movements to gently activate your muscles and sculpt a lean, firm & feminine body
- Various programs to choose from based on your needs
- Supplements, nutrition guide, FREE 5-minute workout plans, and more
- YouTube channel with over 1 mil. subscribers and easy to follow workout videos
- 40-Day Fitness Program designed to help you lift heavier and generate more muscle definition
- 20-40 minute workouts, all weight-training based. Can be done with dumbbells and/or barbells.
- Completion of 29 workouts in the 40 days will give you entry to win prizes
- 3 types of workouts within the program
- STRONG days – strength-building: you will move a little slower
- SHREDDY days – volume: will require you to move faster with weights
- SPEED days – HIIT, metabolic conditioning workouts, sprints, & cardio
For People Who Like Reading
- Bodyweight Strength Training: 12 Weeks to Build Muscle and Burn Fat by health and fitness expert Jay Cardiello features 40 exercises that help you build leg, arm, abdominal and back muscles.
- Workouts are 10-15 minutes with a clear breakdown of execution
- As you improve, the workouts become more intense
- Discusses the balance between mental health, consistency, rest, and nutrition
- Women Weightlifting: HEAVY WEIGHTS TOUGH WOMEN – Proven Exercise and Workouts to Build Lean Muscle and Strength for the Perfect Female Body by Miah Romero is packed with resourceful information including
- 10 Rules to increase your muscle mass
- How to build lean muscles
- Weekly training schedule & more
- Building Your Zero Fat Lean Muscle Belly: Simple ABS Muscle Workout Training Exercise Routines for Women by Daniel Agbeterwoka helps breakout why burning fat is difficult and how we can effectively change our outcomes.
- Learn why people have weight loss and muscle gain complications
- How certain nutrients burn fat
- Foods and drinks to eliminate from diet
- The Woman’s Guide to Burning Fat & Building Muscle, by Tony Xhudo, discourses methods to building muscle to achieve the lean frame you desire.
- Packed with nutritional meal plans and guidance
- Learn strategies to shift your thinking, adopt healthy habits and build consistency
- Muscle building and cardio exercises
Whether you are just starting your body transformation or are already in progress, these resources target people of all levels. Remember, gaining the body you want requires careful planning. Success comes from discipline, patience, and consistency.
Here are some additional tips:
- To lose weight, you eat fewer calories than you burn. To gain weight, you eat more than you burn. Find your macronutrient ratio HERE
- Monitor yourself weekly but do not be discouraged if the scale doesn’t give you the result you want. Remember, the number on the scale can represent either water weight, body fat, or muscle gain. Taking girth measurements will show if you’re losing fat. You can also ask your doctor to order a DEXA Scan, which measures body composition and bone density or an MRI to calculate muscle mass.
- The best exercises are composed of multijoint movements. Examples are squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, dips, and bench presses. When more than one set of joints are working in unison, you can lift more weight.
- As your body adapts to workouts, you need to increase your surplus because your muscles will stop reacting to the same routine. Therefore, as you get stronger, increase your weight lifting amount and do more reps.
To stay up to date with the latest news and resources in women’s health and fitness, subscribe to the blog. Leave a comment below sharing your body transformation.